Friday, August 14, 2009

The say it's the journey, not the destination. They are wrong.

I'm in Ottawa right now - I had meant to keep up on the blogging while I did so, but it's been almost impossible, what with the socializing, repacking, driving, socializing and migraine-having, the last of which ruined one-third of my limited time in Montreal.

In any case, I will be back on the road on Sunday while Amynah takes to the air, and unlikely to appear on the Internet in the interim. Maybe once I arrive in Edmonton (3000km away) I will snap a photo of my new-to-me, road-beaten, over-stuffed, bicycle-bedecked car.

Incidentally, my friend's daughter is completely ignoring me, and fawning over Amynah. The only time she addressed me today was to ask me what Amynah would like for breeakfast, and to tell me to water the plants in front of the house while she was out at daycare. She appears to believe I am some sort of footman.

1 comment:

dmchenail said...

Just catching up on my reading about your life - sounds just as crazy as mine, but involving more continents at the moment :)

Are you doing the Trans-Canada across? If you happen to decide to take the superior highways of the U.S. on your way to L.A. be sure to pass Wyoming way and you'll get a hero's welcome (if I'm not off travelling myself). Could arrange for you to stay here free in any event...

Drop me a line if you get a chance and best of luck on your travels. May your transmission run smoothly.